ASTs Signed on or after 1st June 2019
There are NO tenant application fee's
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Rockett Home Rentals ‘the Agent’)
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
- Security Deposit: 5 weeks’ rent
This ‘Holding deposit’ is non-refundable should you withdraw your offer or fail credit and reference checks.
Should the landlord accept a pet to be allowed at the property, the landlord may request a higher rent to be paid.
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
- Payment of £50 if you want to change the tenancy agreement
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the bank of England base rate.
- Payment in the event of a default (e.g. requesting a replacement for a lost key)
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
- Council Garden waste collection
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Rockett Home Rentals is a member of ARLA Propertymark, which is back by a client money protection scheme, and a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly.
Corporate let administration fees are £350 + VAT per property.
Commercial Leases are £450 + VAT per application.
We do not charge fees to supply references for our tenants.
Our administration fees cover the following:
- Professional credit and reference checks
- Full tenant assessment report
- Pre-contract negotiations
- Administration and preparation of the correct legal tenancy agreements
- Lodging the deposit in an accredited deposit protection scheme
- Professional letting inventory including full photographic inventory
- Arranging the relevant safety checks (e.g. Gas Cert, PAT)
- Rent statements (managed, corporate clients only)
Please note that lettings agents are required by law to publish on their websites information for potential tenants about relevant fees, redress schemes and client money protection schemes (including the names of those schemes). Relevant fees must also be published on third party websites. For properties to rent in England, details of the agent’s membership of any redress scheme and client money protection scheme must also be published with their fees. It is the agent’s responsibility to ensure that all relevant information is provided is up to date and accurate. If the relevant information does not appear here, the agent may have included it within the property description.
ASTs Signed prior to 1st June 2019
- £199 for the first person and £99 for each additional person 18 years and over who will be residing at the property.
- £25 per applicant aged 18 and over to undergo the ‘Right to Rent’ check as part of the application process.
- £99 Check out fee per property. An accredited clerk will conduct a check-out report which is a comparison of the condition of the property and its contents at the end of the tenancy with its conditions as noted on the inventory at the beginning of the tenancy. We are committed to a service of unbiased deposit assessment.
- If a guarantor is required, there is an additional charge of £99 per guarantor to put them through the credit and reference process. Guarantors must be aged 18 and over and reside in the UK.
- Corporate let administration fees are £350 + VAT per property.
- Commercial leases are £450 + VAT per property.
- Our tenancy renewal fee is £99.
- We charge no fees to supply references for our tenants.
- Our standard holding deposit to reserve a property is 50% of one month’s rent.
- Security deposits are typically between 1.5 and 2 times the monthly rent however specific deposits can be found online or requested.
Client Money Protection is provided by Propertymark:
The best agency I have used in the six years I have been renting properties in Stoke-on-Trent. They were extremely friendly and helpful when it came to viewing properties - knew what they were talking about and not feeding you with nonsense to try and get a tenant in quickly. Helped us all the way and stayed in constant contact right up until the move in date to ensure everything was running...
A wonderful company to let through, very kind and helpful team. They managed to find me the perfect property, and I look forward to being a tenant under them. I would thoroughly recommend them.
Rockett were very helpful in ensuring my house move was completed quickly in time for me to start my new job. From the first house viewing to the final signature, Rockett were constantly keeping in touch and ensuring the process ran smoothly and efficiently. Now I'm a happy tenant ready to start my new job.
Rockett have always dealt with my enquiries in a quick and efficient manner. They are more than happy to go above and beyond in order to make the rental process as straight forward as possible.
Rockett Homes has been a very good agency to rent from, because they take your problems seriously, deal with them promptly and reasonably, and provide a good level of service and customer care. They are responsible and consistent in their handling of issues and understand concerns from the point of view of the customers.